email@example.com if you want to sponsor the Social Media Awards, The SME Awards, the Web and eCommerce awards.
The Sockies (Social Media Awards) will take place in June 2018 in the RDS Concert Hall
We will be branded as HeadlineSponsor Sockies 2018 – (The Social media Awards) and the hashtag will be #sockies18 The headline sponsor will be allocated a significant number of tickets.
Times and locations:
June 2018 RDS Concert Hall, Dublin
Above is the Library entranceway that we’ll use for pre event networking
Damien Mulley/Mulley Comms started the original Irish Blog Awards, still runs the Web Awards, the SME Awards and the Social Media Awards and the eCommerce Awards.
All these events put fun and interactions first and make it as inclusive for everyone by having free nominations, low early bird ticket prices and a lack of formality at the events. Each event is memorable and generates a lot of loyalty and positive coverage.
The event itself:
- The event is relaxed and informal and so there will not be a sit down dinner and it will not be black tie.
- Finger food will be provided at the beginning and end of the ceremony. It is hoped there will be plenty of time for networking.
- Rick O’Shea is the MC.
- This may be the biggest night out for companies and agencies so it needs to be valuable from a contacts and an unwinding point of view.
- The awards are free to enter and must be done by the business owner/rep.
- Elements will be judged by the general public.
- Headline and category sponsors cannot be nominated in any category
There will be the Nominated Round, the Quarter Finals, the Semi Finals and the Finals. Each release of who got into these rounds is followed by a surge in online coverage.
Sponsoring the Sockies
We didn’t want to call this section “What sponsors get” as in a way it’s a listing of what you don’t get as a sponsor. What has marked out our other events is the integrity of the awards. We are not a “Sponsors win prizes” type event.
We strongly encourage sponsors to come along and network at the event and pitch in with the setup if they wish. Sponsors could/should bring branded “rob-ables”: Foam props or other items that can be taken away. We have had foam bricks, picture frames and hashtags before.
As a sponsor
- A sponsor will have their name and logo on our website and a link to their business.
- Their name will be called out next to the category they are sponsoring.
- Their name/logo will show up in the backdrops of all winner photos. They will have their photo taken on the night with the winner and their trophy.
- Category sponsors get 5 tickets to the event and headline sponsors get 10 tickets.
To maintain integrity:
Sponsors can’t enter any category in the awards show.
They can’t nominate judges or decide on the criteria.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Ticket prices for those attending:
€50 for early bird, €75 full price, €100 very late price (Designed to be affordable even to the smallest business)
We have over 40 categories at the Sockies in 2018
1. Facebook for Small Business (In-House)
2. Facebook of a Medium+ Business (In-House)
3. Facebook for a Business/Brand (Agency Run)
4. Facebook for a Non-Profit/Organisation
5. Facebook for a State Org
6. Best Business/Org Twitter Micro
7. Best Business/Org Twitter account – Medium
8. Best Business Twitter account – Agency Run
9. Best Non-Profit/Organisation Twitter account
Mobile and Instagram Categories
10. Best Mobile App
11. Best Experimental Format (WhatsApp, VR/AR)
12. Best Use of Snapchat
13. Best Use of Instagram (Business/Organisation)
14. Best Use of Instagram by an SME (Micro)
15. Social Media by an SME – 5 or less staff (In house)
16. Social Media by an SME – 6+ staff (In house)
17. Best Blog of an SME
18. Zero Budget Social Media Campaign
19. eCommerce and Social Media
20. Social Media for a Media Organisation
21. Use of Social Media by Utility or Telco
22. Use of Social Media by a Gym/Personal Trainer
23. Úsáid Na Meáin Shóisialta
24. Use of Social Media by State Body
25. Best Video/Video Campaign of Company/Org (In-house, small)
26. Best Video/Video Campaign of Company/Org (In-house, medium)
27. Best Video/Video Campaign of Company/Org (In-house, Large)
28. Best Video/Video Campaign by An Agency
29. Best Live Video Series
Social Media Campaigns
30. Integrated Social Media Campaign
31. Social Media Campaign – Travel and Tourism (inbound)
32. Social Media Campaign – Sports Sponsorship
33. Social Media Campaign – Event/Sponsorship (other)
34. Best use of Realtime Marketing
35. Grand Prix Prize
Best In-House Team