email@example.com if you want to sponsor the Social Media Awards, The SME Awards, the Web and eCommerce awards.
The Sockies (Social Media Awards) will take place in June 2018 in the RDS Concert Hall
We will be branded as HeadlineSponsor Sockies 2018 – (The Social media Awards) and the hashtag will be #sockies17 The headline sponsor will be allocated a significant number of tickets.
Times and locations:
June 2018 RDS Concert Hall, Dublin
Above is the Library entranceway that we’ll use for pre event networking
Damien Mulley/Mulley Comms started the original Irish Blog Awards, still runs the Web Awards (10th year), the SME Awards and the Social Media Awards (8th year) and the eCommerce Awards – 2nd year. Probably other stuff that he forgot too.
All these events put fun and interactions first and make it as inclusive for everyone by having free nominations, low early bird ticket prices and a lack of formality at the events. Each event is memorable and generates a lot of loyalty and positive coverage.
The event itself:
- The event is relaxed and informal and so there will not be a sit down dinner and it will not be black tie.
- Finger food will be provided at the beginning and end of the ceremony. It is hoped there will be plenty of time for networking.
- Rick O’Shea is the MC.
- This may be the biggest night out for companies and agencies so it needs to be valuable from a contacts and an unwinding point of view.
- The awards are free to enter and must be done by the business owner/rep.
- Elements will be judged by the general public.
- Headline and category sponsors cannot be nominated in any category
There will be the Nominated Round, the Quarter Finals, the Semi Finals and the Finals. Each release of who got into these rounds is followed by a surge in online coverage.
Sponsoring the Sockies
We didn’t want to call this section “What sponsors get” as in a way it’s a listing of what you don’t get as a sponsor. What has marked out our other events is the integrity of the awards. We are not a “Sponsors win prizes” type event.
We strongly encourage sponsors to come along and network at the event and pitch in with the setup if they wish. Sponsors could/should bring branded “rob-ables”: Foam props or other items that can be taken away. We have had foam bricks, picture frames and hashtags before.
As a sponsor
- A sponsor will have their name and logo on our website and a link to their business.
- Their name will be called out next to the category they are sponsoring.
- Their name/logo will show up in the backdrops of all winner photos. They will have their photo taken on the night with the winner and their trophy.
- Category sponsors get 5 tickets to the event and headline sponsors get 10 tickets.
To maintain integrity:
Sponsors can’t enter any category in the awards show.
They can’t nominate judges or decide on the criteria.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Ticket prices for those attending:
€50 for early bird, €75 full price, €100 very late price (Designed to be affordable even to the smallest business)